Tuesday, June 7, 2016

#internetfamous

I'm not sure what it is about my personality, but when I enjoy something I immediately attempt to recreate that something.

Here's what I mean - back in the day, I liked reading blogs so I thought to myself "Hey, I can be successful at that" and started a blog. Obviously, that didn't pan out. But it happens ALL the time! I listened to a few podcasts and decided I wanted to do podcasts (RIP the unheard Series Regulars Podcast). I see multiple instagrams are a thing and I start 3. THREE. I also have several twitter parody accounts floating around out there somewhere.

So the question is, when did simply enjoying things become not enough?

Thinking about that, the answer is always. I've always been like this. I'm an arrogant son of a bitch when it all comes down to it. I've always been quick to pick things up and therefore I think that applies to literally everything ever.

Sadly, when I'm met with resistance or difficulty, I give up. Or boredom. Boredom kills all hobbies. How do you push past boredom and discover true passions? Especially when you're operating under the illusion that EVERYTHING IS YOUR PASSION.

Maybe it stems from my childhood desire to be ~famous~ or at the very least be well known. But statistically speaking, how often does that actually happen? And how often does it happen to someone who starts a blog with the intention of "making it"? Hardly ever, if at all.

Luckily, I'm no longer operating under a false sense of grandeur when it comes to this blog. I post pretty much never and I'm at the point where I'm talking to my non-existant "audience" as though you're my internal monologue. I literally just called this post a 'brain dump'. So, that's a thing.

I'm not going to be #internetfamous. I'm not even going to be #friendgroupfamous. And that's okay. You probably won't be either - and that's also totally fine! Stop working to please the people that aren't paying attention to you and work on building something you can be proud of. Like a really good instagram theme....wait no. Not that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...