Monday, November 11, 2013

Music Mondays - BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS

Last Friday, I hosted trivia for a charity event in my office (which means I stressed out and came up with the questions and kept score but did not talk because that would be way too much). But trivia is ALWAYS fun to plan for two reasons.

Picture and music rounds.

For our picture round we did pictures of Patrick Swayze.  Nine of them. Nine glorious pictures because I'm crazy for swayze.

But for the music round I wanted a theme.  And if you know me, you know it had to be good. So we went with BUTTS.

Last Friday, I googled "songs about butts" in the office. And died laughing. And loved my job. And when the list was compiled I just knew I had to share with you all.

So here are my top 5 butt songs (now I can say I have a top 5 butt songs list!):

Queen - Fat Bottomed Girls


Let's start strong here. This song rocks. And pumps me up. And if I hear it in a bar when I'm drunk I proclaim "This is about me! I have a big butt!" Yeah, I'm that girl.

Sisqo - Thong Song


Oh, hello 1999!  I don't think I realized that I was in middle school when this song came out. Which means I probably shouldn't know all the words but I do. I've even drawn anthropomorphic food with lyrics from this song.

Juvenile - Back That Azz Up


Okay, I couldn't play this one at the trivia at work because...well obviously.  But come on. Shorty looks good!

Destiny's Child - Bootylicious



I almost put this song at number one. It's just that good. I don't think kids nowadays know what they missed out on with Destiny's Child. I mean, Beyonce is AMAZING. But together they were just so fun! I've seen enough of their "making the video" shows to know they are hilarious and fun. Just turn this up and jam out at your desk.

Sir Mix-a-lot - Baby Got Back


Duh. I don't think a list of butt songs could ever not include this iconic little ditty. And I pride myself on the fact that I know every single word to this song. But mostly, this is my number one because the last weekend my bff, Jessica, and I had at Michigan State was spent singing this in a bar during karaoke with backup dancers. Oh, and also I wanted to sing this for a talent show in elementary school once. I didn't get why an anaconda was so bad!

So there you have it, five great songs about the funniest part of our anatomy. Butts.

**Edit to add my spirit animal - Tina:



xoxo
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...