Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Over the Weekend: An Indy Birthday Extravaganza

I don't know if you know this, but I love my birthday.  Which is this Friday, in case you were curious.  So, when my good friend Laura invited me out to Indianapolis for a weekend of fun and a Maroon 5/Kelly Clarkson concert, how could I possibly say no?


I mean, come on. Indianapolis has one of my favorite people (Laura) and some seriously tasty food (Kilroy's).  Really, you need to just go there if you're ever in the area.  They have the most amazing stuffed breadsticks EVER.  And cheap drinks. And Laura!

But let's just get down to the main event, shall we?  The concert. Oh my god, the concert.

First up was Kelly Clarkson (well no, technically some random girl was first but we skipped her).  She was AMAZING.  She was fun and performed barefoot and was just so good.  It was my college dreams come true.

Fun anecdote: when I was in college, Kelly's album convinced me to break up with my shitty then boyfriend.  Like, I just listened to it on repeat and it made me feel stronger and convinced me to do it.  I swear.  He even said to me, "I hate that album.  Ever since you started listening to it you've been different".  Bahaha.

But then, at the concert there were these younger girls in front of us losing their shit over Kelly.  And it was amazing.  It just made me think that maybe she's helping a whole other generation to break up with crappy guys!



And then there was Maroon 5.  I don't care what you hoity toity music snobs say, they were great.  It was such a fun show and Adam Levine was a seriously great showman.  He would switch from singing to dancing to playing guitar and just kept going.  It was AMAZEFEST USA (right, Laura?).  I mean really, every song was fun and everyone there had a great time.  What more can you ask for?

Well, everyone except the drunk dancing guy who got in a fist fight and got kicked out.  He may not have had a great time.

But anyway, that's my weekend in a nutshell.  Can't wait for the rest of birthday week to continue!!

xoxo
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...