Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Brunch

I'm not sure about you, but when I was a kid I loved Easter.  I have a very distinct memory of waking up at my grandma's house in the middle of the night and needing to get a drink of water.  I walked out of the bedroom and there was just glimmering multicolored lights coming from the living room.

Looking back, I assume the light was bouncing off the colorful grass or cellophane or something but it was amazing.  It just made me feel all warm inside.  Not to mention the fact that Easter entailed family gatherings, hunting for eggs, eating ham, and winning prizes.  4 of my all time favorite things.

But now, I live in a different state than my family and it's not the easiest thing in the world to just drive home over the course of a two day weekend.  So, I have to do my best to make Easter amazing in the city.

During the week, I was talking to my friend Laura and realized she was sad that she couldn't go home for Easter as well.  And immediately, it hit me.  Brunch.  If you can't go home to your family, celebrate the family that you make for yourself, your friends.  I quickly asked John if he would mind us hosting a brunch get together on Sunday and got into hyper planning mode once he agreed.

Let me tell ya, Brunch is amazing.  But brunch with friends on an amazing Spring morning? Even better.  We had waffles and drinks and biscuits and meats and fruit and deviled eggs and so many things!  It was fantastic.  Not to mention I made my new all time favorite playlist for the occasion filled with oldies (think the Big Chill) mixed with indie favorites that sound kinda old.

But let's just get to the good stuff.  The photographic proof.











I hope your Easter weekend was fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...