Monday, January 9, 2012

Mindy Kaling: Potential BFF


Remember like, 4 days ago, when I made a list of goals for 2012 thinking, "Man, these will be a stretch"?  Well,  Based on the fact that this is already blog post number 2 of this week and it's about how I've already read a whole book, I'd say I'm doing awesome.

I just finished reading Mindy Kaling's book "Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me".  And my goodness, that girl is hilarious.  Seriously, if you have a sense of humor and maybe a week's amount of reading time, read this book.  It's awesome and light hearted and I laughed out loud several times while reading it.

But enough gushing about the book itself.  Let's get down to business and hash out the facts.  Mindy Kaling? Seriously, we would make great friends.  Sure, she's older than me and way more accomplished, but based on sense of humor and the fact that she likes to share anecdotes from her childhood, we are a pretty good fit.

If you know me, you know that I love nothing more than talking about stories about my life and how they came up in random conversation.  And by "came up in random conversation", I mean I brought them up because my brain works on a different level than a normal person.  I genuinely feel that you want to hear all about the time a hot air balloon landed in my back yard or the time my dad suggested we eat corn dogs and I pretty much disowned him.

Ah! I'm doing it again! I'm off topic.

Mindy Kaling. Right.  So, in her book, she makes several lists (ahem...I love listmaking.  One prime example of expert listmaking is the one about things men need to know.  My god.  I agree with every point on this list.  Men really should only have 2 pairs of shoes, dress shoes and chuck taylors.  And the comparison between Men and Boys is right on. 

I could continue, but I won't.  The point is, reading her book felt like talking to one of my best friends.  And it was really comforting because of that feeling.  Every story she told felt like something I could have easily experienced myself.  In short, Mindy has clearly earned the right of honorary bff.  Way to go.  Remind me to send you a care package.

2 comments:

  1. amanda! any chance i can borrow this? it would take forever to get from the library (plus my library card expired...).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! I would loan it to you, but I have it in ereader format. So, unfortunately I can't. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...