Friday, July 15, 2011

Friday Faves: Frozen Treats



 

 

Guys. GUYS. I bought popsicle molds. (on a side note - I need to learn not to spend money)

I'm crazy excited about this for one reason: pudding pops.  I seriously love pudding pops.  They are 100 times better than Fudgesicles. The texture? The commercials? The spokesperson?  But I digress.  I haven't had a chance to make those yet (read: I haven't gone to the store for milk), so I've spent a lot of time perusing other ideas.  Did you know you can use these to make non-pudding pops? Shiz got real.

So here's a few I'm looking to try.

1.) Pudding Pops



Do I even need to link to the recipe (I did)?  Make instant pudding. Freeze. Be awesome.  I'll make these next week, expect an update.

2.) Banana Split Pops

I want to use cartoon sound effects as my reactions.  But I realize they don't type out right.  So here was my reaction: Bwahhhh? You can use these things to make ice cream into tasty treats?  This looks A-MAZING.  This is from Pops! The book I desperately need - hint.

3.) Smoothie Pops



So, this particular recipe (from Country Living) is for plum (ew).  But I love berry smoothies, so I assume I could figure out a concoction that incorporates smoothies into a neat treat.  Nom nom nom. And...healthy! Yeah!

4.)Rootbeer Float Pops



Ohhhh root beer.  So tasty.  And root beer floats? Even better.  These used the exact molds I have.  So I'm positive a recreation of their awesomeness is entirely possible.

5.) Rocky Road Fudge Pops



Shut the front door.  How insanely tasty does that look?  Those nuts! (that's what she said) That fudgeyness.  Want has food coma.  Though, to be fair, I'm not sure I could accomplish these.  We'll build up to it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I'm driving to Michigan to pick up Ashdog and visit with AWESOME people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...