Sunday, June 19, 2011

Over the Weekend: Food, Friends, Toys, and Games



How was everyone's weekend?

I've gotta say that I'm in the camp that thinks weekends are way too short.  I'm not really sure if there's anyone in the opposite camp though.  Like, if we were to have a war between the camps, my camp would win.  But it would be a water balloon type of war.

But I digress.  So, my weekend was actually pretty great.  The BF came out for a nice visit on Friday and we watched the horror that is Scream 4.  Not that it's a horror movie. It was just REALLY bad.  I kept saying, "This is not like Scream. Scream was good."  But I just love a good slasher film.  And Scream 4 does not fit the bill.

Saturday involved waking up and immediately driving out to Franklin Park, IL to pick up a package from Amazon.  Because I'm a crazy person who needs to drive 30 minutes away on a beautiful Saturday afternoon just to pick up a delivery of embroidery thread (more on that later).  Of course, like the crazy people that we are we were completely famished by the time we got there and had to eat Culver's for lunch instead of our original plan of going downtown to Grand Luxe.  Let's face it, we're burger and fries people.  Not downtown people.

Butter burger and crinkle fries? Sounds like love.

So, we ate up and I deemed the town of Franklin Park cool because a softball team was there quoting Buffy the Vampire Slayer and winning over my affections.  Then it was onward to another completely obscure area to go to the movies to see Green Lantern.  There's something about a comic book movie that really does it for me in the summer.  It's just perfectly fitting.  I honestly don't think the movie would have been as much fun in say December.  So keep that in mind movie makers.

After the movie let out and we avoided coming to blows with the jerk who was sitting behind us, we drove over to Rotofugi. Oh. my. god.  That store is amazing.  I'd never been before but I knew the gyst.  They sell tons of vinyl toys (think action figures...but not) and fun blind boxed items.  The store is just so visually stimulating and colorful.  You just want to touch everything.  We came away with a few presents for each other and things for ourselves as well.  Cuz you know... I can't help but spend money on things I don't need.  Like Simpson's blind boxed figures.

Good ol' lard lad! Just don't look...

So many toys.


The haul.


The rest of the night continued the trend of an awesome day.  We had some super tasty mediterranean food at Reza's in Andersonville.  And had some ladies over to play board games and watch fantastic movies like the original Batman.  I'm telling you.  There's something about the whole going out every night phase of life that was just completely lost on me.  I'd much rather stay in and drink beers while playing board games with my friends.  I wonder why that is.

Sunday, as always, was destined to be a lazy day.  At least we had some delicious burgers from this new burger joint in Andersonville, The Burger Philosophy.  I mean, come on. Hand cut fries? Pretzel buns?  You had me at chocolate malts.  Granted, it's a little pricey but the quality and taste is good enough to justify going there every so often.  Like when the McDonald's next door to it just isn't cutting it.

Want has fries.


Amanda approved.


Is it bad to admit that I spent the remainder of Sunday napping and watching Roseanne and Buffy on Netflix? If it is bad...pretend you didn't know that that's what happened.  Pretend I spent the day on a yacht.  Or something equally exciting.  Yeah, that's the ticket.  Expect a fun DIY post this week and maybe something a little different.  We'll see.

3 comments:

  1. Want has Nibbler figurine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's seriously adorable. It even has his cape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] the long day we had, I was pretty pumped to get started on my very own chevron bracelet (I’m still not [...]

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...