Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Me Want Cookie

om noms

I'm not one to ignore an urge to bake. So when I noticed a certain hankering for chocolate chip cookies the other day I knew I had to work out a way to make some a.s.a.p.

By "work out a way to make some" I mean...buy some stinking eggs.

And that's just what I did on Monday evening. I went to the store, bought eggs, came home and baked some nom noms.

Looking to please both of us in this here apartment, I decided to use chocolate chips (John) and white chocolate chips (me), which was something I hadn't done before. I'm a baker, I'm precise, we don't stray from recipe cards. We like exact measurements.

Anywho, our oven stinks and takes forever to cook things thoroughly but I'm pretty happy with these. They ended up big and thin, but 2 days later they're still moist and soft so I'm happy. I think it's the large amount of vanilla that makes them so soft days later. I love vanilla.

John opened the tupperware they were in and said they smelled like dough...I take it as a compliment.

Chocolate Chip Cookies - Momma Style

Cream together:
  • 1 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 Tbsp. vanilla

Mix together separately:
  • 3 cup flour
  • 1 Tsp. salt
  • 1 Tbsp. baking soda

Combine to mixtures and fold in 2 cups chocolate chips (1 cup semisweet, 1 cup white. MMM.)

Preheat to 350. Cook 8-10 min on an ungreased cookie sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...