Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Cars Kill People

There are few things in this world that scare me more than the thought of dying in a horrible car crash.

Usually, I'm more concerned with the way that the people I'm in the car with drive than with my own driving capabilities.  It's not meant to be insulting when I gasp and grab the door handle as you merge onto the freeway, I'm just a little crazy.

It's one of those silly little irrational fears that people have.  Wait, no. I don't think it's irrational to be afraid of something that weighs a ton (literally) and travels at death speeds.  An irrational fear would be more like my fear of spiders (though that could be rationalized also).  Maybe all fears can be rationalized by the person with that fear... Oh well, I'm missing the point.

The point is, I'm not usually afraid of driving myself because I know how I drive and what I'm doing.  However, when the car I'm driving randomly decides to stop performing to the best of it's abilities, that's a different story.  Let's say, for instance, your brake line is all of a sudden shot.   What do you do?

Well, first, you yell "Shit!" and get off the phone. Then you calmly drive home, the entire time worrying about stopping distance and whether or not your dog should be in the front seat.   Just a tip, dogs sense fear.  Oh and another tip - IF YOUR BRAKES DON'T WORK, DON'T DRIVE ANYWHERE.  Really.

Nothing inspires a more active search for a new car like the paralyzing fear of of driving your current car.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...